viernes, 2 de enero de 2009

Opposites 3


Some verbs can be made into their opposite form by the addition of a prefix (e.g., dis- , mis-).
Complete these sentences with the opposite form of one of the following verbs . Not all of the words are needed. You will need to change the form of the verb in several cases.

agree • approve • connect • continue • behave • cover
fold • like • load • lock • obey • pack • place • please
pronounce • prove • qualify • trust • understand • use • wrap


1. If anyone ________, they will be sent home immediately.
2. I've just come back from Canada and I'm still ________ my suitcases.
3. Here's a photo of our little girl ________ her Christmas presents.
4. She's a very obedient young lady. She would never ________ her parents.
5. She ________ the money which she had been given. She was supposed to use it to pay for her education, but bought a sports car instead.
6. The head teacher ________ of members of staff wearing jeans to school, and insists that they dress smartly at all times.
7. You keep ________ my name. It's Rawdon, not Randon.
8. His statement to the police said that he was nowhere near the bank, but they managed to ________ this.
9. I ________ anyone who wears green shoes but I can't tell you why.
10. I can't ________ the car door. I think I've got the wrong key.
11. After the accident he was fined £1,000 and ________ from driving for two years.
12. She ________ the tablecloth and put it on the table.
13. We don't sell Sonic cameras any longer. We have ________ that line.
14. I seem to have ________ my keys. I can't find them anywhere.
15. If you refuse to pay your gas bill, you will be ________ .
16. You're completely wrong. I'm afraid I ________ with you.
17. He completely ________ my meaning when I told him to 'put a sock in it'.
18. If you ________ me again, I'm afraid I shall ask you to leave.

No hay comentarios: